Agreed to restraining order

editorial image

A Dromore man was made the subject of a two year restraining order last Thursday at Banbridge Magistrates Court.

He was 40-year-old Patrick Dubois, Bignian View Park, Dromore.

The charge against him alleged that between July 1 and July 5 this year he pursued a course of conduct which amounted to harassment of a female.

The case had been listed for a contest.

A public prosecutor said they would offer no evidence after the defendant agreed to the restraining order. District Judge, Mr Paul Copeland, told Dubois it was a ‘fortuitous outcome’ for him.

Imposing the restraining order, Mr Copleand told the defendant it restricted him from contacting the injured party, the court heard.