DCSIMG

Pet dog dies in house fire

Station Commander Karen McDowell has confirmed that the Fire and Rescue Service are still investigating the circumstances surrounding a house fire at Willow Drive on Thursday afternoon at Dromore Road in Banbridge, in which a pet dog died.

The breathing apparatus team discovered the dog, it is believed to have died from smoke inhalation. Teams from Banbridge, Lurgan and Dromore stations were mobilised to the call.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet and a covering jet to deal with the fire believed to have started at the kitchen-dining area of the house.

A man in his 50s was taken to hospital by ambulance suffering from facial burns and smoke inhalation. The Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that there was a smoke alarm fitted in the home.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page