DCSIMG

Pensioner rescued from smoke-filled flat

A 78 year-old woman was involved in a dramatic rescue from her Banbridge flat in the early hours of Sunday morning after it became engulfed with smoke.

The woman, who lives in the first floor of the building, was rescued by firefighters following a report of a fire on the ground floor of Victoria Park.

Extra resources were requested by initial crews who arrived to find a number of flats affected by smoke and two other residents suffering from smoke inhalation.

Two 65 year-old residents who live on the ground floor had already escaped from the building. They were tended to by ambulance personnel at the scene.

It is understood the alarm had been raised after smoke detectors had been activated.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page