Firefighters removed a smouldering piece of electrical equipment from a flat in Lisburn last Wednesday February 24, at around 6.45pm.
Fire crews responded to the report of a fire at the flat at Tirowen Crescent in Knockmore.
Crews ventilated the premises when they arrived at the scene. A sounding smoke alarm alerted a neighbour.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental.
Fire crews from Cadogan and Lisburn stations attended the incident.
The NIFRS are reminding householders of the importance of having working smoke alarms installed. They say they play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries and cuts the chances of dying in a reported fire in half.