Chip pan fire at a Banbridge flat


Sounding alarms alerted the occupier of a house fire in Banbridge in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Fire crews from Banbridge station attended a chip pan fire in the kitchen of a flat at Millmount Court in the town.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet and a covering jet to deal with the fire.

Sounding smoke alarms alerted the occupier who evacuated the flat on arrival of Fire Rescue Service.

The cause of the fire appeared accidental.

If anyone would like to get a Free Home Fire Safety check call 028 92600477.