Banbridge Academy’s principal has described this year’s A-Levels as among the best ever obtained in the school.
The pass rate was 99.0% with 41.1% of all entries achieving grades A*/A, which, when combined with the 32.2% of entries gaining a grade B, yields a total of grades A*- B of 73.3%.
“Out of the 190 pupils who entered these examinations 39 gained a minimum of three A grades or better, with six obtaining 4 A*/A grades,” said Mr Robin McLoughlin.
“These excellent performances are consistent across the year group, with 154 pupils, 81.1%, attaining A*- C in a minimum of three A-Levels which demonstrates considerable strength in depth.
“Once again we warmly congratulate all of our pupils on their magnificent achievements and we wish them well as they begin the next stage of their careers.
“These results would not have been obtained, however, without the dedication of the teaching staff of the Academy; their professional approach has undoubtedly underpinned this success.
“I know our parents are delighted with the success of their sons and daughters and they too must be congratulated for their consistent support and encouragement as we work together to ensure high levels of success for our pupils.
“At AS Level the pass rate of 97.2% ranks with the best ever achieved by our Year 13 pupils, providing an excellent foundation on which to build for A-Level success in 2016.
“Once again they reflect the hard work of our students, the diligence of our teaching staff and the ongoing support of parents.
“Our pupils continue to excel and we have no doubt these impressive performances will continue year on year.”