It’s double the joy for five star Town Under 15s

editorial image

Town Under 15s continued their good run of form with a superb 5-1 victory over Ardstraw on Saturday.

It was a game with double significance, both a league fixtures and a quarter-final cup tie.

The locals had to come from behind as Ardstraw took the lead after ten minutes when a mistake in Town’s midfield led to a through ball that the striker finished well under keeper Aaron Devlin.

This early setback spurred Town on and they began to get a rhythm into their game as Keelan Quigley got himself more involved and began to dictate proceedings from the middle of the park.

Quigley then got Town back on level terms midway through the half when Cameron Sands threaded a ball into his path and he turned his marker twice before firing low into the bottom corner.

Banbridge drove at the Ardsraw rearguard for the rest of the half and were rewarded with another goal when William Doogan picked the ball up on the left corner of the 18 yard box, clipped it over the head of an onrushing defender before unleashing an unstoppable half-volley to the corner.

Eoin Scullion, not for the first time this season, put in an excellent shift at right-back as Charles Cully, James Orr, Henry Doogan and Feargal Vaughan controlled their defence with confidence throughout the game.

The locals scored their third 10 minutes into the second half when a Quigley corner found James Orr in a crowded area and he guided his header into the top corner.

Jamie Feeney and Enda Haddow were introduced into the action and Feeney got his name on the scoresheet with his first touch after a Ben Johnston effort fell to his feet and he had the easy task of tapping in from close range.

Tom Mehaffey could have added his name to the score-sheet but his shot went narrowly wide.

As Ardstraw attacked they left huge gaps and Town took advantage as they rounded off the scoring when Feeney slipped Shea Winters in for a one-on-one. He made no mistake and slotted home to complete a top class day and send Town into the semis with three points to boot.