Disappointment for Bann Fourths

editorial image

Banbridge Fourths undertook the long journey to Cookstown to play a Junior 3 League match against Cookstown Fourths on a beautiful sunny afternoon, a somewhat rarity for County Tyrone.

The Banbridge team included Adam Crawford in goal; Sean Doran, Callum Gibson, David Morrison and Ryan Jordan in defence; Daniel Calvin, Joel Reid, Joe McKnight and Matthew Young in midfield; Corey Large and Luke Roulston in attack.

Banbridge made an excellent start to the match by winning a short corner.

The ball was pulled out by Callum Gibson for Ryan Jordan to stop. Joe McKnight stepped up and fired the ball past a Cookstown defence blinded by the low Autumn Sun, 1-0.

Within minutes Cookstown were level with a player running along the by line and firing across the goal for another player to simply tap the ball in, 1-1.

Unfortunately the same move brought more success again for Cookstown, 2-1.

Cookstown won a free inside the 25. The ball was moved five metres and fired into the D only for the attacker to slot past a helpless Adam Crawford in goal, 3-1.

Despite the defensive errors the team worked tirelessly and as the half drew to a close Bann continued to create chances of their own.

Joe McKnight firing a couple of shots just wide of the goal.

The half finished 4-1 after Cookstown scoring again following a fast counterattack.

The second half was a completely different story for Banbridge.

Even though the team had no substitutes at all, the team kept battling until the final whistle.

The team created many good chances and showed some excellent play through Joel Reid, Matthew Young and Ryan Jordan on the right.

The team won a couple of short corners which unfortunately weren’t converted.

Special mention must go to Luke Roulston and Corey Large who worked extremely hard up front for the team.

Callum Gibson showed great vision with his passing and aerials which allowed Sean Doran and Daniel Calvin to develop some attacks down the left hand side of the pitch.

Cookstown won a short corner when David Morrison was hit on the side with a high shot, thankfully Cookstown didn’t score from this questionable decision.

The last score of the game belonged to Cookstown as they attacked down the right, hit the ball across the goal for another tap in, 5-1.

The team worked extremely hard for one another throughout the duration of the game.

The team gave their all on the pitch.